Words of wisdom and miscellaneous facts by Dr. Wysong and others. This is an accumulation over several decades and the accuracy cannot be attested to.
Click to enlarge, Ctrl + to enlarge further; Ctrl 0 to return to 100%
If one were to judge by television advertising and news reports about cancer screening and new cures, it would seem that the "war on cancer" is all but won. What are the weapons being heralded? Drugs, radiation, surgery, research, tests, and exams.
They all miss the point.
First let's put to rest the propaganda that the war is being won. Since President Nixon declared the war (1971) and after about a trillion dollars have been spent on research and experimental treatments, more Americans will die of cancer in the next year than have died in all U.S. wars ever fought—combined! (Where's the protest marches?) Soon cancer will overtake heart disease as the number one killer. I'm referring to the incidence of diseases here. Modern medicine itself is the overall #1 killer. (See Stopping the Number One Killer)
Decades ago, early in the cancer war, there were some successes such as with Hodgkin's disease and some forms of childhood leukemia. Also, debulking or excision of large cancers may be salubrious when it does not serve to spread neoplastic cells or disrupt immune response due to the trauma of the surgery itself. But the big killers such as colorectal, lung, prostate, and breast cancer remain as prevalent as ever. Survival gains due to all medical interventions are measured primarily in additional months added to life, not in cures.
In all complimentary cancer statistics, the placebo effect is by and large ignored. People getting a sugar pill placebo in cancer studies have been known to lose their hair and some people actually cure themselves by simply thinking they will be cured. (Internet search: placebo cures cancer) A percentage of people also experience remissions spontaneously or from simple life style adjustments. But the coincidental cancer therapy is always credited with the cure.
Statistics can always be massaged to create the result desired. This practice is rampant in medical research. (Internet search: scientific and medical fraud) Animal models (euphemism for real living and feeling creatures being tortured by the millions) do not prove effectiveness across species boundaries to humans. Neither do laboratory cell lines. (Internet search: laboratory animal research fraud) That's why the breakthroughs based on laboratory tumor shrinkage almost never pan out. For-profit drug companies and the National Cancer Institute (always in search of grants) ignore metastasis (the spreading cells of cancer through the body) and instead focus on more easily obtained results in the lab such as tumor shrinkage, and clinically on easily manipulated data such as "five year survival."
"Cancer prevention" in modern medical parlance means catching the disease early. Is it prevention if you call 911 when you come home and see smoke billowing from your windows? Do we just live carpe diem and wait for the doctor to tell us we have a lump in our breast or a swollen nodular prostate? Is that really prevention? Early diagnosis is not prevention. How accustomed we have become to such language abuse. Early diagnosis being equated with prevention also presumes a falsehood, namely that medical treatment of cancer early cures it.
With regard to drugs, the cause of any cancer is never the lack of a chemotherapeutic agent. If their absence is not the cause, there presence cannot be the cure.
Big business, not results, seem to be the focus in cancer pharmacology. Twelve new "improved" drugs introduced in Europe during a five-year period were no better than the drugs they replaced. But the prices were all higher, in one instance by a factor of 350. One new "revolutionary" drug, Erbitux, found to shrink tumors but not extend the lives of patients at all, costs $2,400 per week. Avastin, another costly chemotherapeutic, by way of statistical calculation, extended the lives of 400 colorectal patients 4.7 months.
Are such results worth the financial devastation and miserable life chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery imposes. Is that the way to spend one's remaining days? If such therapy does add a couple of months, are those couple of months really worth the poking, prodding, pain, unrelenting nausea, disfiguring, destruction of the immune system, increased susceptibility to other diseases, loss of dignity, and financial devastation? Yes, would be a hard answer to justify.
In the face of a cancer diagnosis, most people just throw up their hands in terror and surrender to the standard of care, i.e., the cancer therapy death process. The feeling is that something must be done, and since "doctors know best," begin the "fight" by following the advice of the doctor. But fighting does not mean surrendering to the will of another person who has their own personal agenda and narrowed field of view dictated by the club they belong to. That misses the point. You must do something.
Here's a better approach that doesn't miss the point:
1. Prevention means adjusting your life right now so that you are living in tune with your design. Cancer is, quite simply, the reaction of cells subjected long enough to an environment they are not designed for. Disease must be thought of as what it is, a separation from one's nature. It is not an attack from outside or "just one of those things." In cancer, the genetic apparatus loses its bearings, becomes insane and regresses to embryonic infancy and begins multiplying recklessly. What is the proper environment? It is that food, air, water and lifestyle you are genetically designed for.
2. If you get cancer, don't panic, get engaged. First thing is follow #1. Then set about learning. Gather as much information as you can from all resources, not just what the medical establishment provides. We try to gather such information in the Wysong Directory of Alternative Resources. The Internet is an astonishing tool for learning more than your doctor, who is locked into one particular world view. The Internet makes ignorance, passivity, and willing subjugation to others inexcusable.
3. Think about what has happened in your life resulting in your departure from your genetic roots. Are you on drugs or been subjected to some sort of medical intervention, are you addicted to anything heat processed (including sugar, starch, tobacco, caffeine), have you permitted yourself to be slothful, obese (something that would spell your death in short order in the natural state), uninterested in self improvement, never in the sun, never barefoot on the ground, always eating dead, fractionated, processed foods, drinking gallons of soft drinks rather than water... anything at all that is different from what life would be like in the wild is a potential cause of cancer and disease. Disease is caused, it does not just happen. For every disease there is a cause; for every cause there is a cure. Make the correction.
4. You take control of your own body and you make the decisions. Determine to set right what is wrong and do it. Taking control is essential to not feeling like a helpless victim and sinking into hopeless despair, a sure mindset to speed disease along.
5. Think long and hard before submitting to unproven cancer therapies. If the doctor cannot prove effectiveness (at least prove that you will be better off with the therapy than without) and if you are not willing to take the risk of all the contraindications, then don't submit because you think it is "all that can be done." It isn't. See #2.
All good things in life are hard. In our modern world, good health takes effort and attention. Preventing and reversing disease also takes effort, your effort. Begin today to take charge to be the best you can be. Look in the mirror for your best doctor.
Most chronic degenerative diseases have long latency periods: the time between when the disease begins and it manifests in overt symptoms. Most everyone reading this has latent disease brewing within at this very moment. But also take heart that cells, tissues, organs, even bones are constantly turning over. You have the opportunity to make a new you, quite literally.
Make a new body by living the life you were designed to live. That will not only prevent disease from gaining a foothold but reverse disease that is incubating within.
Evolution Intelligent Design\Creation Life After Death Religion
Aging Agriculture and Gardening Animal Experimentation Bone and Joint Health Cancer Earthing Environmental Genetics and Health Government Health Heart and Vascular Heart Disease Medical Dangers Medical Reform Mental Health Nutrition Obesity Osteoporosis Pharmaceutical Dangers Religion Sleep Toxins Vision Vaccines Vaccine Dangers
Exercise and Fitness
Alternative Med Amount Animals Artifact Change Death\Life After Disease\Organ Economy Environment Ethics Government Health History Learn Life's Difficulty Long Range View Modern Medicine Nutrition Origins Philosophy Qualities Quantum Reality Thinking Religion Self-Improvement Social Speech Spice
Logical Thinking Open Mindedness Truth Origins Fossils and Age Humans Have Not Evolved Biological Evidence for Creation Intelligent Design Quantum Reality Religion Free Will and Conscience Preternatural and Supernatural Mind Underlies Reality Life After Death Life's Purpose Genetic Context Exercise Aging Health and Prevention Dieting and Obesity Nutrition Medical Failure Self Responsibility Psychological Health Pet Health and Nutrition Environment Economics Politics Family Racism, Sexism, Ageism Education Lipid Nutrition Heart & Vascular Disease & Cholesterol