Words of wisdom and miscellaneous facts by Dr. Wysong and others. This is an accumulation over several decades and the accuracy cannot be attested to.
The following information is prepared by me alone. Facts, reasoning, and conclusions expressed are those from the cited sources or me alone. Nothing said or reported necessarily reflects the thinking or views of my relatives, colleagues, or organizations with which I have been associated. My purpose is to share discovery, open minds, promote health, and make a better world. I have no financial incentive in this work.
Click to enlarge, Ctrl + to enlarge further; Ctrl 0 to return to 100%
The prevailing assumption is that face masks prevent getting or transmitting COVID-19.
It's always wise to question popular opinion or hyped information from the media, government, or medical officials. This is what looking deeper into face masks reveals:
1. Face masks are not proven to reduce deaths.
2. There is no difference in infections between mask wearers and controls--
3. They are ineffective inasmuch as useless materials can be used as masks, masks do not seal the airways or eyes, and beards impair effectiveness— https://www.wmur.com/article/cdc-face-masks-used-to-protect-against-covid-19-might-not-work-with-beards/31116576
4. They create a false sense of security because hair, hands, clothing, and shoes act as fomites.
5. They increase transmission of disease by trapping heat and moisture from the breath (perfect medium for microbial growth)— https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf
6. Masks require frequent adjustment. COVID-19 trapped on their surface will then contaminate hands and cause infection when touching the mouth, nose, and eyes— https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31159777 https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf
7. People who are symptomatic, believing masks prevent transmission, go into public spaces and spread the infection.
8. Forcing people who are not infected by the virus to wear masks contradicts the fact that the only solution to any disease is herd immunity—people must be exposed to pathogens to develop immunity to them— https://voxeu.org/article/early-draconian-social-distancing-may-be-suboptimal-fighting-covid-19-epidemic
9. Masks embolden criminal activity since masked criminals will not be differentiated from innocent civilians— https://qz.com/1837529/thieves-are-capitalizing-on-the-publics-use-of-covid-19-masks/ —note that many states have laws against masking to prevent criminal activity.
10. Masks prevent surveillance to identify criminals.
11. Forcing the use of masks is unconstitutional. Supreme Court Ruling in Ex Parte Milligan still stands today: "Neither the legislature nor an executive or Judicial officer may disregard the provisions of the Constitution in case of emergency." Violation forfeits a government office.
12. Mask mandates encourage civil disobedience as well as revolt by law enforcement officers holding to their duty to the Constitution. — https://www.newsmax.com/us/houston-police-facemask-covid-19/2020/04/23/id/964428/
13. Forcing the wearing of masks will precipitate lawsuits by people who believe their rights are being infringed upon— https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/27/william-barr-orders-legal-action-against-governors/ https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/connecticut/articles/2020-04-18/lawsuit-challenges-governors-order-for-people-to-wear-masks
14. Citizens who object to mandatory face masking because of mask dangers or fealty to the Constitution will not patronize brick and mortar businesses that are forced to require them. This compounds the deadly economic and social effects of the "mitigation."
15. For citizens proud of and sensitive to American liberty, wearing a mask would violate their conscience since they feel doing so would be like announcing to the world that they agree with and submit to un-American government overreach. Particularly is this so when the above facts are known or intuited, and it thus appears there is a nefarious un-American political agenda they feel duty-bound to object to.
Words of Wisdom:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety," – Benjamin Franklin
Current Issue Past Issues Subscribe
Evolution Intelligent Design\Creation Life After Death Religion
Aging Agriculture and Gardening Animal Experimentation Bone and Joint Health Cancer Earthing Environmental Genetics and Health Government Health Heart and Vascular Infectious Disease Medical Dangers Mental Health Nutrition Obesity Osteoporosis Pharmaceutical Dangers Religion Sleep Toxins Vision Vaccines
Exercise and Fitness
Alternative Med Amount Animals Artifact Change Death\Life After Disease\Organ Economy Environment Ethics Government Health History Learn Life's Difficulty Long Range View Modern Medicine Nutrition Origins Philosophy Qualities Quantum Reality Thinking Religion Self-Improvement Social Speech Spice
Logical Thinking Open Mindedness Truth Origins Fossils and Age Humans Have Not Evolved Biological Evidence for Creation Intelligent Design Quantum Reality Religion Free Will and Conscience Preternatural and Supernatural Mind Underlies Reality Life After Death Life's Purpose Genetic Context Exercise Aging Health and Prevention Dieting and Obesity Nutrition Medical Failure Self Responsibility Psychological Health Pet Health and Nutrition Environment Economics Politics Family Racism, Sexism, Ageism Education Lipid Nutrition Heart & Vascular Disease & Cholesterol